This is a RTW release which adds new features and bug fixes to v5.2.1.
Important Notice when migrating from v5.2.1
- Query/QueryAsync methods uses graph api instead of legacy rest api.
- removed dependency from Code Contracts
- enabled Task Parallel Support in .NET 4.0+ (experimental)
- added support for early preview for .NET 4.5 (binaries not distributed in codeplex nor nuget.org, will need to manually build from Facebook-Net45.sln)
- added additional method overloads for .NET 4.5 to support IProgress<T> for upload progress
- added new CS-WinForms-AsyncAwait.sln sample demonstrating the use of async/await, upload progress report using IProgress<T> and cancellation support
FacebookBatchParameter.Query uses graph api instead of legacy rest api (Note: unlike FacebookClient.Query FacebookBatchParameter.Query gives exactly the same result as the graph api thus doesn't maintain backwards compatibility when using Query and QueryAsync methods with version less than v5.3.0. You can create your custom class that inherits from FacebookClient and override the Query and QueryAsync methods to use the legacy rest api if you would want to maintain backward compatibility. Make sure to be careful when updating.)
Refer to CHANGES.txt for more details.
For more information about this release see the following blog posts:
Get a FREE Windows Azure Trial Account
- Try out a free Windows Azure account for 30 days with your Facebook app.
- Go here, select "United States" and enter promocode FBPASS